Perth-based photographers Compose Photography switched to Xero and saved more than 50% in admin time
is a boutique photography studio located in Perth, started by two photographers, Kirsten Graham APP M.Photog and Rebecca Johansson APP M.Photog, wanting to create a special experience for the families they capture memories for. Ten years on, the majority of their clients are referrals or past clients coming back for their updated photographs. With the growth in business came an increase in administration time. Kirsten and Rebecca wanted a solution to this, to give them a better work/life balance.
Compose Photography started their journey with Carbon when we acquired bookkeeping firm Paperchase. Carbon carried over their bookkeeping services, and after hearing about Compose’s frustrations with their previous accountant, Carbon Bookkeeping referred them to Carbon Accounting.
- With business growth came an increase in the amount of time spent on administration tasks
- One meeting per year with their accountant meant there was a lack of understanding for the business, restricting growth potential
- Lack of communication between the accountant and bookkeeper; each were asking questions on what the other had done
- Carbon Bookkeeping referred Carbon Accounting, who now manage their end of year financials
- Seamless communication between Carbon’s bookkeepers and accountants means one clear message communicated with Compose
- Xero accounting allows for access anywhere, at any time, giving owners Kristen and Rebecca a great work/life balance
We have been impressed with Carbon ever since we changed over. We love how there is a seamless integration of the accounting department and the bookkeeping departments. The office has a great vibe unlike any accounting firm I have walked into before. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Carbon Group to friends and family.