With the enhancements being made in the financial technology industry, cloud applications are becoming more popular amongst small businesses. But what is a cloud point of sale system?
We’ll use the retail and hospitality industry as an example. In basic terms, a point-of-sale is the store or restaurant’s register system used to take orders, send orders to the kitchen and bar, track and process inventory orders and stock counts as well as recording customer payments. Native point-of-sale systems are purchased outright and physically installed onto each computer/device within the store or restaurant. The flaw with this approach is when the software is outdated it needs to be manually updated by purchasing the new software and installing it again.
Secondly, if the business owner has the desire to manage their business from home or simply review a day’s sales performance they need to purchase additional licenses that will need to be installed on the equipment at their home office as well.
A cloud point-of-sale eliminates this, as it allows the user to login from any device in any location.
Since the data is secured online it allows the owner to review any performance or management reports from the convenience of their home office without additional installations, purchases or upgrades.
We all know starting up can be difficult and every small business start-up will be restricted with the amount of capital available. Using a cloud-based application eliminates the need for a complete computer system fitout as you can simply start with the computers or devices (tablet or mobile) you currently own.
Cloud POS…helping you focus on sales…everything else is automated. Carbon have a dedicated team of cloud integrators to get you started. Give them a call to discuss how they can get you started with a customised POS system.
The cost of a POS system is definitely important if you’re just starting up, but it’s not a straight forward answer.
There are many factors that can influence the price of your POS system, here’s a few things you should think about:
- Which software will you use?
- How many cash register terminals will you require?
- Will you learn and setup the system yourself, or will you require assistance from an expert?
- Do you require an electrician or an IT expert to ensure you have the appropriate infrastructure to implement a point of sale system?
With all things being considered, we would highly recommend using the services of a software consultant to ensure you’re setting up the best application for your business.
You should also be aware that assistance from an expert will actually reduce the overall time to setup the POS system as well as save you time and money.
The best way to find an expert POS installer is to look for the POS software’s partners page.The best way to find an expert POS installer is to look for the POS software’s partners page.
Choosing the best POS system for your business is absolutely critical. If you’ve looked online you quickly become overwhelmed with the amount of different point of sale systems with differing features out there, as all businesses have different requirements it’s important to get some assistance in finding the best one for your business. This is where a POS expert can help, they’ve already done the leg work to identify the best POS software out there, learn the products and their features.
- If you’re going it alone, here’s a few tips to find the best POS system
- Is it easy on the eye? A system that’s easy to understand will be a lot faster to learn
- Are they a secure company, How long have they been around?
- Do they have all the features that your business requires?
- Do they have time-saving features, like;
- Inventory management?
- Staff management?
- Customer information gathering for loyalty and marketing purposes and therefore boost sales?
- Direct integration into an accounting package like Xero saves a massive amount of double entry?
- Is it affordable?
- Does the subscription scale as your business grows?
- Do they offer 24/7 support?
Carbon Business System are preferred partners for many Xero add-ons. Contact them today to discuss your needs for a point of sale solution for your business. Call 08 6444 6645.
The Definitiv app is free for all Definitiv customers and users. The app is available on both the Apple Store and Play Store.